Sunday, February 9, 2014

All of the Lights!

Where do I begin? For my blog I wanted to do something a little bit different. So i decided to look at the city and its environs at night. I feel like night time is when things come alive and when the fun really starts. To be honest, I got my inspiration and the idea of lights and bright lights from two of Kanye West's songs; Flashing Lights (blog name) and All of The Lights. So upon listening to those songs, I said that it would be perfect to look at the city at night, from the architecture, the city life to anything at all that lights up and is extremely exciting at night. 

For my first post, I went to Independence Square AKA the heart of Port of Spain and what we would refer to as Port of Spain proper. Independence Square is home to one of the busiest, most successful KFC fast food outlets in the world (thats pretty amazing!) You could go to the KFC on Independence Square at 4 AM and you are guaranteed fresh, hot, tasty chicken. Independence Square is also home to a very big maxi taxi stand. So at any given time, many people are always in and out from that spot. Filled with many cars, many people just chilling, having a couple beers, playing cards, and many many lights, I thought this was a perfect example of what I am trying to encompass with my blog.

Turn up the lights in here baby! Extra bright I want you all to see this!
Cop lights, flashlights, spotlights, strobe lights, street lights, ALL of the lights!

Enjoy,
Maya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment